This is a community to help each other thrive and grow as poets. We come to the pub for different reasons, but all of us come to read and to write. To get a confirmation that the poem has been read is highly appreciated.
- Commenting on what you have read is always appreciated and will make your poem read all the more. Remember to be courteous and kind. Unless you know the poet or she/he has asked for constructive criticism you should refrain from suggesting improvements. dVerse is not primarily a forum for editing.
- dVerse has an active discussion with active bartenders. It is always appreciated if you take part in that discussion. We love when you leave a comment here.
- When you link up, please link up with the poem you intend to be read, and not to your site. If you are unsure how to do this, refer back to the technical section.
- Most of the links require you to write to a specific prompt. Any poem not written for the prompt will be promptly (pun intended) removed. We have Open Link occasions for poems written to any prompt or no prompt at all.
- Of course any link that only promotes and advertises will be removed.
- dVerse has a staff of dedicated poets, and we are here to help, but we are also part of the community. Please treat us as friends.
- dVerse as a community has a zero-tolerance for harassment, stalking and inappropriate behaviour. We reserve the right to remove and block any poet that behaves in such ways. Remember that in the worst cases these behaviours might be prohibited by law. Report any such behaviours to: email@example.com
- It is appreciated that your posts are primarily poetry. Too many photographs and additional material can make it difficult to read, especially for those with slower internet connections.