This tab in my blog makes me pause. Do I or do I not ? I close my eyes, hesitate for a few seconds and hit “Publish” before that tiny, inner voice becomes louder and tyrannical. But I forge my way through and say,” It is fine to post and share my words!”
Do you sometimes feel the same way before you hit “Publish” ?
And after seeing the words on the page, you edit and make it clearer if someone has pointed out a vague word or a cluttered stanza. Now this is the beauty of community – to be able to receive feedback, encouragement, affirmation and even a critique (if you ask for it). Interestingly enough, these comments and feedback serve as a fuel and inspiration to continue writing and hitting “Publish” each and every week.
Welcome to OpenLinkNight, everyone. This is Grace (aka Heaven) hosting for today’s sharing of our words, whether in final “perfect” form or a work-in-progress. This is also your opportunity to link poems you missed last week because Mr. Linky has expired, whether for Thursday’s FormforAll or Saturday’s Poetics. Best of all, we welcome any theme and poetry form for today and tomorrow.
Ready, get set & GO ~
If you are new here, let me tell you how it works:
- Write a poem and post it to your webpage.
- Click on the Mr. Linky button below and enter your name and direct url/web address to your poem
- There you will also find the list of those participating this week. You might want to refresh this occasionally or check back in as there are people joining over the next 33 hours.
- Read other poets that have linked. Let them know what you thought, how the poem moved you, what you think of their style, what caught your attention. The not-so-secret formula to receiving more comments on your blog is to read and comment on the linked poems. Please don’t forget to return the favor of those who have visited and commented on your work.
- Encourage others to participate through social media, promote your own piece and others.
- Have fun meeting and engaging your fellow poets.
Happy Tuesday to everyone ~ Grace