European Summertime began yesterday, and the weather is already looking brighter. It’s such a shame that we can’t get out and about, meet up with friends for a coffee and a chat. But we do have our virtual pub!
I’m Kim from Writing in North Norfolk, your host for this Haibun Monday. For my challenge, I ask you to go back into your archives to search for an autobiographical poem, one of which you are particularly fond or one that lends itself to the task in hand.
Write a prose background to your chosen poem, giving us more details of when and where it happened, who else was involved, the how and the why, including a link to the original poem if you wish, and then sum up the poem in a haiku. Aim to write no more than three tight paragraphs, followed by a traditional haiku that includes reference to the season.
If you are new, here’s how to join in:
- Write a haibun in response to the challenge.
- Remember to include a link back to the dVerse Poets Pub from your blog.
- You will find links to other poets and more will join so check back later to read their haibun.
- Read and comment on other poets’ work – we all come here to have our poems read.
- Comment and participate in our discussion below, if you like. We are a friendly bunch of poets.