Great question, and if you are just stumbling upon us you are in for a treat. Not because of anything we do but because of you. OpenLinkNight is the poets willing to lay their hearts to the pen, the wind that blows through the doors every week at 3 pm EST and whips into a whirlwind of verse for 33 hours.
It is reading one more poem, when your eyes are already burning. Smiles.
See, OpenLinkNight is all about you. It is about the poets that make this a special place by talking back in the comments, by visiting each other. By interacting.
Interaction is where the magic happens.
I want to take a moment to say thank you and give a little #Publove to all my poet~friends that invest in this community as pub tenders. They do a great job every time we open the doors encouraging that interaction.
Recently we had Mark Kerstetter and Sheila Moore step away to pursue other passions. Each of them left a mark on the walls of this place that will last with their stellar performance.
We also have a few new pub tenders that are joining us. Charles Miller and Sam Peralta have recently come on board to assist in Meeting the Bar and FormForAll respectively. They are each great additions to our team.
Over the next couple weeks we will be bringing on a few others to enhance our Poetics team as well. If you are interested in helping around the pub, providing prompts or doing a guest slot, let one of us know.
We grow. We change. But at the heart, it’s poetry & people. Thank you all for making this a very special place. Now lets get this party started.
If you are new to the pub, here’s how it works:
- Post a poem on any topic to your blog,
- Link in the poem you’d like to share (1 per blog, please) by clicking on the Mr.Linky button just below.
- This opens a new screen where you’ll enter your information, and where you also choose links to read. Once you have pasted your poem’s blog url and entered your name, simply click submit.
- Don’t forget to let your readers know where you’re linking up and encourage them to participate by including a link to dVerse in your blog post.
- Visit as many other poems as you like, commenting as you see fit.
- Remember, we’re here for each other. Engage your fellow poets, talk, chat, comment, let them know their work is being read, and enjoy the input you also will receive. Feel free to tweet and share on the social media of your choice.
- Finally, enjoy–have fun.
See you out on the trail… ~Brian