When I saw what Sheila Moore and Kellie Elmore proffered for Saturday’s Poetics prompt, Taboo Subjects, I knew it would catch some people (like me) by surprise. But I knew it also might convince some poets to break out of their self-imposed strictures and dive into the deep end of their creative pools.
Why? Because they would know there are other poets going through the same doubts and hurdles. And that there would be poets who would be there providing the support they needed to break through.
That’s what what we do here at dVerse every Tuesday and Wednesday. We (all of “we” poets, not just the staff of dVerse) offer the support to poets around the world to share their creations with confidence and a spirit of collegiality.
Here’s how we can do it:
- Post a poem to your blog,
- Link your poem to dVerse (1 per blog, please) by clicking on the Mr.Linky button below.
- This opens a new screen where you’ll enter your information, and where you also choose links to read. Once you have pasted your poem’s blog url and entered your name, click Submit.
- Don’t forget to let your readers know where you’re linking up and encourage them to participate by including a link to dVerse in your blog post. (Something I too often forget to do, so this is a reminder for me, too.)
- Visit as many other poems as you like, commenting as you see fit.
- Spread the word on the poems you enjoy if you’d like. Feel free to tweet and share on the social media of your choice.
- Enjoy being part of this community.