i am a leaf
falling from your tree
upon which i was
Welcome to OpenLinkNight, this autumn eve on the cusp of kids in bright and sometimes scary outfits banging on your door to show off their acoutremonts and ask ‘Trick or Treat’ which loosely translates to ‘Give me candy’, so that I can get hopped up on sugar and not let my parents get any sleep. Smiles, at least that is what happens here on All Hallows Eve.
In the poem above, Nikki Giovanni brings heat to the chilly season. I love that about poetry, how we can take and turn things on its head. And do it with passion.
Speaking of passion, we are here for one reason and one reason alone and that is the passionate consumption of mass quantities of poetry, so I will not pretend you are listening to me. Go, go, write poetry on receipts and keep them crinkling in your pocket, spray them across the backs of discarded envelopes or carve them in bathroom stall walls, whatever it takes to get it here to share.
And then read and love on others, leaving meaningful comments and encouragement—because we are not just poets…but a poetic army marching across the net in verse revolution stirring passion in dead places, dark corners and cracks in the sidewalk.
My name is Brian, and I am your pub tender this evening, so if you have any questions, please let me know.
SO here, is how it works:
- Post a poem to your blog. (Just one….please!) Link back to dVerse on your post. It’s all in the name of spreading the poetry love!
- Click the Mr. Linky box below, copy and paste the URL of your post, enter your name, and click submit! Welcome to our poetic army!
- Using the same Mr.Linky, click on other submitted pieces. Comment on those that grab you, let the other poets know you have visited. We are community, and engaging with each other helps to keep that spirit alive and thriving.
- Tweet, share, and spread the words! Send postcards, leave sticky notes whatever floats your boat. Smiles.
- Most of all…enjoy what is fast becoming the place to be for poetry lovers and readers alike! We are dVerse!