Jumping board. Fire in my belly.
There are words that I read that moves me to writing. The imagery & weaving of thoughts are superb that I find myself saying, I wish I had written that.
And I don’t have to go far in searching for the words. One benefit of joining a poetry community is that words abound when we link up. You can find your inspiration right here, interacting & reading the words of your fellow writers. When I am loss for themes, I read the prompts and challenges again. Pen a different response. Try my hand with another poetry form.
I find that if you give your words & time to read & encourage others, you will take back seeds & fire to write with renewed enthusiasm. We are spark & ink of each other’s pens. And if you find inspiration in another’s words, let them know and perhaps pen a poetic response in the comment section.
Welcome to OpenLinkNight, everyone. This is Grace hosting for today’s sharing of our words. In my part of the world, its snowing & bitterly cold. Come inside & feel the warmth.
If you are new here, let me tell you how it works:
- Write a poem and post it to your webpage.
- Click on the Mr. Linky button below and enter your name and direct url/web address to your poem
- There you will also find the list of those participating this week. You might want to refresh this occasionally or check back in as there are people joining over the next 33 hours.
- Read other poets that have linked. Let them know what you thought, how the poem moved you, what you think of their style, what caught your attention. Please don’t forget to return the favor of those who have visited and commented on your work.
- Encourage others to participate through social media, promote your own piece and others.
- Have fun meeting and engaging your fellow poets.
Happy Tuesday to everyone ~ Grace