Hello everyone! Grace here hosting for Haibun Monday!
In my part of the world, it is the summer season. How do you celebrate your summer? Do you go out for a road trip, have picnics in the park, or go swimming or playing in the water park, or have barbeque & cool drinks? We all like to keep cool with the summer heat. Woe to us if our AC is not working in the house or there is brown out at night!
Growing up, my favorite summer treat is halo-halo. This is a Filipino mixed tropical fruit dessert, with milk flavored shaved ice, topped with purple yam, leche flan and ice-cream. There are different variations, but always with the shaved ice to beat the heat. What is your favorite summer treat?
Picture credit: here
Our theme for this week’s haibun is summer! Share with us a summer memory – from a summer love to coping up with the summer heat. Or how about a summer comedy, tragedy or disaster?
Being that this is Haibun Monday, please write a haibun based on the prompt, with 1 to 2 tight paragraphs, ending with a seasonal haiku. Don’t forget to visit and comment on others poetry, especially to those who have visited you.
What to do after you have written:
- Post your haibun to your blog
- Add a link (direct URL address) of your poem via the ‘Mr Linky’ below
- Add the link for the dVerse posting so others can find their way here
- Read and comment on other people’s work to let them know it’s being read
- Share via your favorite social media platforms
- Most importantly, have fun!
See you at the poetry trail ~ Grace