Hello Dear Poets!
Linda here, and it is my first time to host a LIVE event, so please bear with me if we have any hiccups. Please note, we will be live from 3PM EST- to 4:00 PM EST.
As writers, we are always on the search for new ways to express ourselves. And one of those ways is with new words. I don’t know about you, but when I come across a new word that appeals to me, I always make a note of it for future reference. I also have several books that I refer to from time to time for new words. One of those books is the Dictionary of the Strange, Curious, & Lovely, by Robin Devoe.
In light of today’s event being live, here is a word I want to share with you. Some of you may already know it, but it’s a new one for me. The word is:
Euphony, meaning a pleasing or sweet sound, esp. of spoken words. A variation of the word is euphonious. So there’s your word lesson for the day!
If you only want to listen and be live with the poets that’s perfectly fine, but if you want to read your poem please link up your one poem with Mr Linky as usual.
I will then call you to the mic in the order you link up.
Read and comment as usual… and let’s have some fun!
Here is the Link to the video meeting to join today.
If you are new to OLN Live, here are a few words of advice:
- You can join from your PC, and if you have a headset your voice may be more clear. Since we use Google meet it usually works better if you run it using the Chrome browser.
- You can also run it from a mobile or a tablet in which case you will have a more consistent experience if you install the app before (Google meet)
- There are some who have had network issues and if you do, you may want to turn off the video option, joining only with audio.
Here’s how to join in:
- Write a poem in and post it to your blog.
- Enter your name and direct link to your poem into Mr. Linky.
- You will also find some other amazing poems. Please read and comment.
- Link back to dVerse so others can find us too!
- Drop in to say hello in our discussion below.
- Have fun!