Wood, worn, chipped, yet polished. Warm, the mood between shadows and pockets of soft light around tables. Music, but voice only, buzzes, smile to smile, eye to eye, some blue, green, brown. Some loud, some soft, some hard, some light. A spotlight centers on a stage, reflecting in the silver skin of a lone mic.
From the back, “Hey, glad you are here, Welcome to d’Verse.”
D’verse Poets Pub is a place for poets and writers to gather to celebrate poetry. We are many voices, but one song. Our goal is to celebrate; poets, verse & the difference it can make in the world. To discover poetry’s many facets and revel in it’s beauty, even when ugly at times.
People enter, people exit but we hope you stick around long enough for us to get to know each other and that you walk away inspired to write.
We have three opportunities each week for you to take the stage and mingle with your fellow poets:
- Haibun Monday – We start the week with combining prose & poetry challenge, via haibun. Try your hand in haibun, and see where it takes you. This Monday feature alternates with Quadrille.
- Quadrille – is our 44 word count challenge based on a definition of a given word. This Monday feature alternates with Haibun Monday.
- Poetics – is all about inspiration. You will write about a provided prompt, whether music, art, photography, quotes or other challenges. Poetics opens at 3 pm EST on Tuesday.
- FormForAll/Meeting the Bar: Critique and Craft – is our lab, where you will receive teaching on poetry forms and critique. This is where we hone our skills. FormForAll and Meeting the Bar: Critique and Craft opens at 3pm EST on Thursday.
- OpenLinkNight – is our large gathering where you link any poem you would like. This is a great place to meet and hear new voices. The new schedule of OpenLinkNight is 3 pm EST Thursday, alternating with FormForAll/Meeting the Bar.
In addition we give you interesting articles about what we are all on fire about: Poetry.
We are open to your ideas for future expansion of our line up. If you have an idea and are willing to commit the energy to make it happen, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are glad you are here. Enjoy.