Her response, ‘I was just thinking the same thing. How many hours?’
To which I replied, ’169,432 give or take.’
232 being the number of months since I first laid eyes on her.
I don’t carry these numbers around in my head, it did take a bit of figuring and trying to remember the leap years was beast. The thing is, numbers only carry the importance we give them. And when we are talking about moments we are together with someone we care for, each of those matter.
We have been holding OpenLinkNight for 50 weeks, can you believe that? We are almost at a year. (And we have a few surprises Claudia and I are working on for that week…shhh…don’t tell anyone)
Every week, we have roughly 150 poets crash the doors of the pub. Our largest was in the 170s. And while all of that is grand, those numbers really don’t matter all that much.
If we ran 100 poets, I would be fine. If we ran 50, it would be alright by me. In the end, it’s not the numbers but the people they represent. Many of you I have read since our opening. Some of you I have enjoyed meeting along the way. If this is your first week, welcome…I will be over to meet you soon. Smiles.
I don’t care about numbers. I care about people. I care about poets. When someone disappears, I like check on them. A few of you may have gotten an annoying comment like, “Hey, whats up? Have not seen you lately.’
I definitely don’t catch everyone when they leave, but I try, because each one of you that has stopped in…for one week or for all 50…you are a voice…that has joined other voices…and touched the hearts, minds or poems of another.
And together, we are a force to be reckoned with….So let’s get this poetic party started!
If you are new, here is how it works:
- Post a poem to your blog or webpage. (old or new…it does not matter)
- Copy the address of the specific blog post
- Click the Mr. Linky button below. Here you are provided a form to enter your name, as well as the post address. Enter them both & click submit…you’re in!
- Mr. Linky stores the addresses of all Poets who are joining in. Here you can visit and share any poems you choose. We are about community, and sharing the good work of the poets who share their hearts and minds with us. Tweet, share, like and love.
- We grow when we engage. Talk to the poets, comment, share, foster relationships along with stronger pens. The talent that so freely gives of itself here, each and every week, is amazing. There are so many to learn from, so many you could help.
- Most importantly…have fun!
Happy 29,635,200 seconds since Week 1….and I will see you out on the trail. ~Brian