My name is Claudia Schoenfeld and it’s my pleasure to tend the bar from California this week. I’m here on a four week workstay & really enjoying every single minute.
On Sunday, I went to San Diego with two colleagues from the office, and after some sightseeing, we ended up downtown in a pub in the famous Gaslamp quarter.
And what happened was, that we started talking to people, we never saw before in our lives.
There was a local elderly couple that just came back from a three week trip to Ireland. Then there was this guy from Dublin, a Graphic designer from London, the war veteran next table, and it was just fun and interesting to connect and get a glimpse into some random stranger’s lives while the hours flew by without us really realizing.
That’s what I love doing here as well by being around, having fun in the comment section, reading and commenting on each other’s work & just being open to meet new people from different backgrounds.
I had the pleasure to meet some of the pub poets already in real life and will meet Victoria in a few days down here, and I think it’s awesome how we spin threads across the globe and color and enrich each others lives.
Well, let’s get the party started, and if you’re here for the first time, let me tell you how it works..
- Write a poem and post it to your webpage or blog, include a link to dVerse Poets so others can join in
- Click on the Mr. Linky button below and enter the direct URL or web address to your poem as well as your name
- Visit others that you see on the list
- Use the social media of your choice to promote yourself, other poets and OpenLinkNight
- Enjoy, I think we have some of the most amazing poets that link in here & some pretty cool people as well.