there is no other way.
and there never was.
~Charles Bukowski, So You want to be a Writer (excerpt)
There is just something about being home and knowing the holidays, as special as they are, now reside in the rearview mirror and I can breath once more. It was a good holiday though, and hopefully you did not let the ink in your pen dry up during them.
In everything there resides a poem waiting to be tapped, drained in the bucket, refined and poured over a crispy waffle.
Stuck on the interstate, in a snow storm for hours while they clear a wreck, watching the encroaching piles of white stuff drift like glaciers toward you, there is a poem in that.
Get another sweater from when Heironymous closed 50 years ago, from your grandmother, there is a poem in that.
Kiss the love of your life on New Year’s Eve, only to wake up alone in the morning, there is a poem in that.
There are poems in everything, and there is nothing you can do about it except hope one bites you.
Welcome to a New Year here at the pub! In the next few days we will be unveiling an opporunity for you to be….well I guess I need to hold that for a day or two. Needless to say be sure to check back in here at the pub for some exciting news for you.
Let’s get this poetic party started, if you are new here:
▪ Post a poem to your blog,
▪ Link your poem to dVerse (1 per blog, please) by clicking on the Mr.Linky button below.
▪ This opens a new screen where you’ll enter your information, and where you also choose links to read. Once you have pasted your poem’s blog url and entered your name, click Submit. Don’t worry if you don’t see your name right away.
▪ Don’t forget to let your readers know where you’re linking up and encourage them to participate by including a link to dVerse in your blog post.
▪ Visit as many other poems/poets as you like or can, letting others know what you think about their poem or how it moved you. You may learn something that helps you progress or even make a new friend.
▪ Spread the word on the poems you enjoy if you’d like. Feel free to tweet and share on the social media of your choice.
Above all have fun! See you out on the trail. ~Brian