These are some of the words I associate with writing poetry.
Though the sky and clouds are gray outside my window, I marvel at the way the blank page comes to life — orange fire, bleeding red, inviting green, mysterious purple, sounds and smell of rain — under the skillful hands of the poet.
Stories and reflections, endings and beginnings — poetry weaves them into a vibrant and lasting season.
Creative expression. Challenge. Private world. Becoming.
These are reasons I write. How about you, what compels you to pick up the pen or type your words ?
However you express yourself or color and shape your words, we at dVerse would love to hear them in the spirit of mutual engagement and support. Sometimes writing is a lonely journey when there is no one to share it with, and much less, to cheer us on. Fortunately for us, we have this community that allows us to share our love for words each and every week.
By linking in, the door to the virtual pub opens — here you will find people just as passionate as you about writing. I have learned a lot about improving my craft from reading and visiting the work of others – the talents are boundless, the generosity to give encouragement, even more.
Welcome everyone to another Open Link Night at D’verse Poets Pub. Grace (aka Heaven) guest hosting for tonight. Share with us your words and be inspired.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Link the poem you’d like to share–old or new, on any topic (one per blog, please) by clicking on the Mr.Linky button just below.
- This opens a new screen where you’ll enter your information, and where you also choose links to read.
- Once you have pasted your poem’s blog url and entered your name, simply click submit.
- Don’t forget to let your readers know where you’re linking up and encourage them to participate by including a link to dVerse in your blog post.
- (Something I too often forget to do, so this is a reminder for me, too.)
- Visit as many other poems as you like, commenting and liking as you see fit.
- Spread the word on the poems you enjoy if you’d like. Tweet and Pin and otherwise Share on the social media of your choice.
- Finally, enjoy! Remember, we are here for each other. Thanks to all of you for sharing your brilliant creations.