charles bukowski, claudia schoenfeld, did you use my conditioner for the jump through the burning ring?, has someone seen the penguins?, having fun together, madagascar 3, Manage free!, online poetry, poetry sharing, re-kindle the passion, Trapeze Americano
Period. That was his recipe for powerful writing.
After watching Madagascar 3 last weekend, I would add “The secret is in having fun with what you’re doing and in enjoying the journey”
In the movie, this charming bunch of animals buys a circus, actually only as a “tool” to make their way from Europe, where they stranded back to New York.
At one point they even discover that they could’ve bought a plane instead of this circus that was quite run down and didn’t look at all promising.
The turn came when they started having fun, when they re-kindled passion and thought about new ways to surprise and enthuse the audience.
In the end, back in NYC, they suddenly realized that they had changed too much to ever fit into their old lives again.
And speaking of exciting journeys, together with Frank Watson, we’re just about to put together a dVerse voices anthology where we want to include as many of your voices as possible. So don’t be shy and join us. Click here for the details.
And for tonight..
Manage free! I’m Claudia and it’s my pleasure to switch on the spotlights in the pub now. No matter what you do, be it Trapeze, High Wire or jumping through a ring of fire – let’s just have a wonderful, crazy, inspiring, fun time together!
If you are new here, let me tell you how it works:
- Write a poem and post it to your webpage.
- Click on the Mr. Linky button below and enter your name and direct url/web address to your poem
- There you will also find the list of those participating this week. You might want to refresh this occasionally or check back in as there are people joining over the next 33 hours.
- Read other poets that have linked. Let them know what you thought, how the poem moved you, what you think of their style, what caught your attention.
- Encourage others to participate through social media, promote your own piece and others.
- Have fun. Have fun. Have fun. Really.. don’t forget to have fun…smiles
- …and beware of the penguins…hehe