We have had the shortest spring I can remember. A few weeks ago I saw the first spring-flowers and now it’s already full summer. We have gone from trees in all shades of green to the solid green of summer. But now the nights are long and bright and as a matter of fact as I open the bar at 9PM it’s still full daylight. It’s time to light up your bar-BQ’s invite and your friends and maybe open up a bottle of Rosé. I don’t know my way around the bar yet but I’m sure there are some chilled bottles somewhere for those that want. If not, I’m sure there will be some excellent offerings of poetry here tonight.
My name is Björn Rudberg, and this is my first Open Link and I’m happy to welcome you to this week’s Open Link Night.
If you are new here, here are a few guidelines on how it works:
- Write a poem and post it to your webpage.
- Click on the Mr. Linky button below and enter your name and direct url/web address to your poem; one poem per person please.
- There you will also find the list of those participating this week. You might want to refresh this occasionally or check back in as there are people joining over the next 33 hours.
- If it’s your first time here, please leave a comment to say so. That makes it much easier for us to find you and encourage you by visiting your site.
- Read other poets that have linked. Let them know what you thought, how the poem moved you, what caught your attention etc. The not-so-secret formula to receiving more visits and comments on your blog is to read and comment on other people’s poems. Please don’t forget to return the favour of those who have visited and commented on your work.
- Encourage others to participate through social media, promote both your own work and others.
- Have fun meeting and engaging with your fellow poets.