Fata morgana – chimera – mirage – summer heat illusions – you name it, a blend between reality and a short drift into that blurred space that dizzies our brain a bit on days when scorching heat hits heavy from a cloud-less sky–
We had almost 30 C in the office last week, and there comes the point when things get really blurry & you want an ice cream, a cool drink, a forest lake or one of Saturn’s rings and just hula hoop a bit on an endless white beach, froth licking your feet, palmtrees… sigh… But in that very moment, the area manager for Russia turns up at your desk and wants to discuss some customer seminars .. well..
The challenge today is to let reality and fantasy blend a bit in the heat, then find a shadowy patch under a tree & write your poem
Behind the bar we serve gazpacho, cool drinks and ice cream with pink dotted umbrellas – just to cool you down a bit – ha – happy summer!
If you’re here for the first time, this is how it works…
- Write your poem and post it to your blog
- Add a link to your poem via the ‘Mr Linky’ below.
- This opens a new screen where you’ll enter your information, and where you also choose links to read. Once you have pasted your poem’s blog URL and entered your name, click Submit. Don’t worry if you don’t see your name right away.
- Read and comment on other people’s work to let them know it’s being read.
- Share your work and that of your fellow poets via your favourite social media platforms.
- Above all – have fun and a cold drink!