When I was in Berlin last week, I participated in a Street Art & Graffiti tour. We went to different places in the city, looked at different artist’s work, styles and techniques, and got a bit of background on the history and culture of street art in Berlin as well.
One thing that I found particularly interesting is that most Sprayers are organized in groups & sometimes do funny things together as well.
One group did a spray paint action on a train on mothers day once– means they planned in advance what they wanted to spray, then had some group members in the train and others at the train station, watching out for the police (as graffiti is 100% illegal in Berlin) and when the train stopped, they had exactly 2 minutes to spraypaint the train while people got in and out of it. Evey member of the group knew exactly what they had to do and it reminded me a bit of an undercover agent mission… (loving things like that…) smiles
But what really moved me is: they’re artists, strong individuals, each with their own mindset and ego but they do something together, have fun, exchange, swap knowledge and inspiration… so.. smiles…
Happy OLN everyone… the pub is one of the places where we can connect and interact as well… take the chance, visit others, leave feedback on your fellow people’s posts… and let’s have a bit fun together
If you’re new… here’s how it works…
- write and post a poem to your blog
- leave us the link by clicking on the mr. linky button below, fill in your name and url of the poem
- visit some others that have linked up and give them feedback on their poems in a short comment– be specific & personal
- if someone commented on your poem, it’s polite to visit them back..really
- share yours and others work via your preferred social media platforms if you like – if you use twitter, put in the @dVersePoets tag so that more people will see it
- enjoy the interaction and inspiration & –we don’t mind some spray paint on our walls…just saying… smiles