smiles… starting this evening with one of my fav quotes
Have you ever read the “perfect” poem, seen the “perfect” performance, listened to the “perfect” song– ?
technically state of the art
and yet — it didn’t move you– you tried –but– couldn’t feel it
“oh it was good” you say (trying to convince yourself) “very good in fact”
yet you don’t look happy and that hunger in your soul for, for– (yeah you cannot really name it — but) it’s still not sated
The next day you go to a performance of your daughter’s school class – one of the kids throws up on the stage cause she’s so nervous (happened in a play I went to) – another forgets his text (ok, just parts of it) but hey – their passion’s palpable –and fills the room and your heart in a way that you think it’s going to burst every minute — and in the car on the way home you whistle and smile
Passion is the key – it makes the one big difference – doesn’t mean we should not work on our writing technique (i mean, surely Beethoven worked Hard) but perfection is not what touches people’s heart in the end
Hey – that encourages me – doesn’t mean I write passionately and lazy – on the contrary – I work hard on my technical toolset as well but def. try to put my heart into my work first… as good as I can… smiles
Here we go – happy OpenLinkNight!
..and if you’re here for the first time, this is how it works…
- write a poem and post it to your webpage
- click on the Mr. Linky button below and enter your name and direct web address to your poem
- read other poets that have linked in, comment on what you like, what worked, how it made you feel
- promote yourself on social media and use the #dversepoets or @dversepoets so we can retweet you
- have fun out on the trail