This morning, I spent some time reflecting on how important it is to be open to whatever comes our way. We have our goals, our bucket lists—hopefully. But life doesn’t always cooperate, loves to tease us with a curve ball now and again. From that little reflection, the word OPEN has been playing in my mind and so I’m choosing it for this week’s Quadrille.
There are so many ways of considering these four little letters. Just check out a few of the ways we can use it:
• Adjective: accessible, available, ajar, candid, exposed, frank, forthright, unlocked.
• Noun: openings, openness, the open (outdoors), opener.
• Verb: open the mind, the door, the heart, the mouth.
• Adverb: openly.
So, my poet friends, let us open our notebooks, computers and creative spirits to bring forth a Quadrille of exactly 44 words—no more, no less—to share here at dVerse.
• Post your Quadrille on your blog or website.
• Add a Link to dVerse and share with your social networks.
• Copy and paste its URL into Mr. Linky at the bottom of this post, along with your name.
• Take some time to visit and comment on the work of your fellow poets.
• Have fun.
• Don’t forget that the link is open most of the week, so try to visit others who have joined in late.
This is Victoria, your hostess, looking forward to seeing what you have to share. I will OPEN the pub on Monday, at 3:00 PM EDT.