Lillian here. Delighted to host Poetics during the last week of our one-month stay in Bermuda.
It’s that time of year! Our clocks have sprung ahead and the U.S. is definitely ready to embrace spring. Bring me budding trees; tulips and daffodils; women walking the streets without big winter coats, showing their baby bumps; hopscotch on the sidewalks (at least in my youthful days that happened); and for those who live in or have a country/rural background, that annual leafing through the Burpees Seed Catalog. Those in the Southern Hemisphere, think about when you were anticipating spring.
So here’s a few images to spur your imagination. Think young, take the energy of the spring season and think fun, new life, possibilities. Sunny side up, everyone. Pick one of the images below, copy and paste to your site, and write a poem motivated by the image. Any form, any length. All images are from Pixabay, and free to download without attribution. Have fun with this one! No need to write specifically about the spring season – rather put a spring in your step and in your words. I’ll meet you on the other side of dull, cold and dreary…. and look forward to inspired words!
New to dVerse? Here’s the way to join us!
- Write a poem as the prompt suggests, and post it to your blog.
- Click on Mr. Linky below to add your name and enter the direct URL to your poem
- On your blog, please provide a link back to dVerse. This enables others to enjoy our prompts, multiples our readers and thus the responses to everyone’s poems.
- If you promote your poem on social media, use the tag #dverse poets
- And most importantly, please do read some of the other responses to the prompt and add a short comment or reaction. Everyone likes to be appreciated! The prompt is “live” for several days – as you’ll notice by the comments you’ll receive – so do stop by another day and read a few of the latecomers too!