Hello, everybody, and welcome to dVerse! Tonight, I want to introduce you to Mary Frances.
I found Mary on Twitter. My Twitter feed is an eclectic mix of things I find interesting, plus a big dose of politics. The first picture of Mary’s that I saw was sandwiched between two really depression posts on Brexit (yes, it’s still a thing), and it gave me a shock of pleasure.
Mary Frances is a UK-based artist working with photographs, found materials, collage, and cut-up texts. You can find examples of her recent work here:
She posts new artwork daily on Twitter @maryfrancesness
Tonight, I want to share some of her Twitter art with you. I find it really inspirational, and I hope you will, too. I particularly love her tiny, found landscapes – like stage sets for a folktale – but I’ve included a couple of other pictures, too.
You know what to do:
Choose a picture that speaks to you, and write a poem for it. Mary has given us permission to use her art, but, of course, we must credit her for her work.
- Post your poem to your blog
- Add a link (direct URL address) of your poem via the ‘Mr Linky’ below
- Add the link for the dVerse posting so others can find their way here
- Read and comment on other people’s work to let them know it’s being read
- Most importantly, have fun!