Hello and welcome to the one and only Quadrille prompt, an original poetic concoction, created and served up here at the dVerse Poets Pub! Simply write a poem consisting of 44 words, not including the title. There is no specific form or topic required. Your poem MUST contain the given word or some form of the word.
I’ve been keeping an eye on my freckles. Yes, that’s what I said. My job takes me outside with little shade for two or three hours per day, building sandcastles, setting up water-play activities, blowing bubbles, feeding the birds, running from fence to fence if only to release energy (their energy.) It’s a playground full of sun-loving toddlers, carefully lathered in SPF 50, complete with floppy unicorn and Paw Patrol hats. Most of the time, in the hurry and flurry of it all, I neglect or forget to protect my own fair skin. So yes, I’ve been keeping an eye on my freckles.
That is your word. Use it as a noun, verb, adjective…
freckled, freckly, freckling, freckle-faced
Could you un-freckle? How about the image of being freckle-fisted? Can you find the freckles in nature?
Have fun with the word.
Of course you don’t have to actually write a poem about freckles….but you can.
Here’s how to join in:
- Write a quadrille as described above. Post it on your blog or website.
- Enter your name and direct link to your poem in Mr. Linky.
- Follow the links to other poets. Read and comment. Come back to read more as the prompt is open all week.
- Link back to dVerse so others can find us too.
- Drop in to say hello in our discussion below.
- Have fun!
Images: unsplash.com, pinterest.com