“Tis the night—the night
Of the grave’s delight,
And the warlocks are at their play;
Ye think that without,
The wild winds shout,
But no, it is they—it is they!”
― Arthur Cleveland Coxe, Halloween: A Romaunt
Hello Fellow Poets!
Welcome to the Halloween OLN, where we are conjuring up spells of delightfully wicked poems!
I hope you are all enjoying this day and as a special treat, I am serving up a Delightful Witches Brew Cocktail or whatever you choose.
And what would Halloween be without the Raven by none other than Dracula himself, Christopher Lee:
I am looking forward to some lovely, wicked and delightful poems- your choice.
Just a reminder: OLN means you can post ONE poem of your choosing (no specified form, length, word prompt etc)
Also, we request you either TAG dVerse or include a line at the end of your post that includes a link back to dVerse.
Those of you new to dVerse, here’s how to participate:
- Post any poem of your choosing on your blog or website.
- Click on Mr. Linky below to add your name and enter the direct URL to your poem
- On your blog, please provide a link back to dVerse. This enables others to enjoy our prompts, increases our readership and thus increases the responses to everyone’s poems.
- If you promote your poem on social media, use the tag #dverse poets
- And most importantly, please do read some of the other responses to the prompt and add a short comment or reaction. Everyone likes to be appreciated! The prompt is “live” for several days – as you’ll notice by the comments you’ll receive – so do stop by another day and read a few of the latecomers too!