The way darkness now permeates every pore of us up here in the far north changes us. I can feel how my writing turns darker, and my muse is now a little bit more morose. The leaves are falling and gradually the trees are shredding the shrouds of summer. The loss of a poet from our lines last week add to my melancholy. So please come into the warmth of the pub. We are here to cheer up each other. If not by our poems so by the comments that warms as well as the best birch firewood we can offer. The colors of the season are also warm and the beauty of a nature going to rest is tangeable in the poetry I expect to read tonight. And from the southern hemisphere I expect to see some beautiful spring poetry. And if your poem has a story to tell, or make a statement – controversial or not – I look forward to that too.
Tonight make sure to visit as many poems as you possibly can. This is the night when that special poem that change your day, week or life might be waiting for you. This is the night when encouraging comments will make you *smile*, and go to bed a little bit happier.
The weeks go quickly and this is the forth time I’m hosting the pub. For new and old guests to the pub
— a warm welcome —
My name is Björn Rudberg and I’m your host tonight.
- Write a poem and post it to your webpage.
- Enter a link directly to your poem and your name by clicking Mr Linky below
- There you will find links to other poets, and more will join during the next 33 hours
- Read and comment on other poet’s work, we all go here to have our poems read
- Promote your site and poetry you like on social media of your choice