Hello everyone. This is Abhra and I welcome you to Open Link Night. Before putting up this post, I looked back in the site to find out which sequence this is going to be and when I saw this would be one fifty sixth OLN, I was simply amazed. Over years OLN has changed pattern, participation and duration – still it feels like an ocean to me. So many thoughts flood in from poets around the world and there is so much to learn.
However, when I was hosting my last OLN, I had my share of disappointments. I thought of writing about it when I host an OLN next time. As the name suggests, we are pretty much open to any form, any inspiration on OLN – but tonight I would like us to make some exceptions. These aren’t rules per se, but simple request that can enrich our poetic experience. Just don’t pick any old post to link you for OLN – try to write a new one, a fresh one for us. Many participants look at OLN as some sort of means to attract traffic. While that is not a bad intention, but we encourage OLN grow up to be an open platform for exchanging our purest of ideas, not just some traffic. So please write afresh, may be rewrite an old piece, which is something we have always suggested you to do. Lastly, try not to extend your piece too long or as a continuation of something you have already written.
I hope to see a bigger participation this time and the bar is open. Do tell us what has been your poetic journey off late. What have you learned, experimented with. When the bar opens, I may not be around for long – but I will catch-up along the next two days.
Now, if you are new to Dversepoets, this is what you got to do.
- Write a poem and post it to your site/blog.
- Enter a link to your poem and your name by clicking Mr Linky below. You have 33 hours to post after the link goes up.
- You will find links to other poets. Read and comment on other poet’s work. We advise that you follow the order.
- Keep in mind that others may have posted after you, so do check back on the linky page for details.
- Promote your work on social media. You may use the tag #dversepoets and we will share you as well.
Thank you. Have fun.