Lillian here and it’s OLN time again at dVerse! That means you can post one poem of your choosing – no prompt, no form required etc. So have at it folks!
And on a personal note – our American Thanksgiving is approaching. I’ve always enjoyed this holiday as it is one without gift-giving.
For us, it is a time for the Hallberg family to gather in Chicago and share a festive meal. Before the meal itself, there are many hugs and much talk and laughter. There is also the nostalgic realization that we now are the elders. Our elders are those no longer with us – the wonderful parents, aunts and uncles, and grandparents who started this gathering tradition. We say our table grace as we stand holding hands in a large circle that reaches round the entire el-shaped living/dining room and sometimes into the kitchen too. We give thanks for the food we are about to enjoy and for family – and perhaps that is the greatest gift of all.
And for those of you new to dVerse, here’s what we hope everyone does:
- Write ONE poem of your choosing and post to your blog.
- Click on Mr. Linky below and add your name and enter the direct URL to your poem
- On your blog, please provide a link back to dVerse. This enables others to enjoy our prompts, multiplies our readers and thus the responses to all of our poems.
- If you promote your poem on social media, use the tag #dverse poets
- And most importantly, please do read some of the other responses to the prompt and add a short comment or reaction. Everyone likes to be appreciated! The prompt is “live” for several days – as you’ll notice by the comments you’ll receive – so do stop by another day and read a few of the latecomers too!