Lillian here, happy to be hosting OLN on this 16th day of April, National Poetry Writing Month! Looking forward to reading all your posts. I’m certain there will be many!
So if you feel like reading before posting, here’s a glimpse of living in a Boston high rise in the midst of a pandemic.
1) Our building is across the street from Mass. General Hospital. Last Friday the city asked everyone to lean out a window, stand on their porch or deck at 7 PM and whoop it up to say thank you to health care workers, delivery and grocery store persons, mail carriers etc. I was on our deck with MGH right in view, hollering out my thanks!
2) In our 17 floor building, everyone must wear a mask or scarf covering their nose and mouth, the moment they walk out of their unit: IE in the hallway, the lobby area, by mailboxes, the communal laundry room. No one is allowed to congregate anywhere and only 1 person is allowed in an elevator (exception is your spouse etc) . I do laundry at 5 AM once a week to insure no one else is there – and wipe down every inch of each machine with a germicidal/alcohol wipe before I touch it.
3) I have rekindled my passion for sewing and knitting again and my “study” is now a bonafide craft-room mess.
4) I do yoga and meditation daily; watch shows I’d never heard of on Netflix and Prime and enjoy British shows on Acorn tv (which is free this month). My kindle is loaded with electronic books from our Boston Public Library.
5) George walks to the grocery once a week (we do not own a car) and is cooking up a storm – and we take a walk by the Charles River every day the weather is amenable – suiting up with mask and gloves and keeping our physical distance from everyone else. We’ve found a less traveled path, complete with daffodils and forsythia in bloom.
6) And as I keep saying, I am so grateful I married my best friend!
Ready to post to OLN? Here’s what to do:
- Post ONE poem of your choosing to dVerse. ONLY ONE. NO special form or content required. Insert the exact URL for your poem to Mr. Linky below.
- YOU MUST EITHER TAG dVerse in your post, or include a link at the end of your poem that leads readers back to dVerse (https://dversepoets.com).
- IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE MENTION OF dVERSE, I WILL GENTLY REMIND YOU TO ADD IT OR I WILL REMOVE YOUR POST FROM MR. LINKY.
- Sorry to be so harsh…..but this is just part of the requirements of dVerse AND it will bring you more readers and lead more folks to dVerse so they can participate as well!