Hello everyone. Welcome to OpenLinkNight. I have been enjoying a week’s holiday on the festive season of ‘Diwali’ or ‘Deepawali’, which is celebrated almost all over India, in the nearly same fashion and enthusiasm with lots of fireworks, sweets and reconnecting with family. Fireworks have been an integral part of our celebration and every year we wait for new variants to hit the local markets. This year was special too. I am sharing one of the sky lanterns we launched from the rooftop. I have seen these things flying for a very long time, but this year, tried for the first time. It is even now that I am writing this post, I can hear the sounds or the gorgeous burst of crackers up above.
The other aspect of my holidays I enjoyed was participating in twitter prompts. I have never been a great activist on twitter but it was nice to see the micro prompts and the wonderful participation out there, lots of talented writers focusing on philosophy, romance, sensuality and what not. It was wonderful.
Lots of love and sweets for all of you here; I am looking forward to what you share on OLN.
If you are new to Dversepoets, this is what you got to do.
- Write a poem and post it to your site/blog.
- Enter a link to your poem and your name by clicking Mr Linky below. You have 33 hours to post after the link goes up.
- You will find links to other poets. Read and comment on other poet’s work. We advise that you follow the order.
- Keep in mind that others may have posted after you, so do check back on the linky page for details.
- Promote your work on social media. You may use the tag #dversepoets and we will share you as well.
Thank you. Have fun.