7,6,5,4,3,2,1…. Happy Anniversary dVerse!!!! Grace here opening the bar and welcoming you to another year of poeming, musing and sharing poetry. On behalf of Bjorn and the dVerse Team, thank you for supporting our weekly poetry challenges and most specially, making Chiaroscuro – Darkness and Light, dVerse Anthology, 2017, a successful project. Who knows, there might be another collaborative project to celebrate our 10th year Anniversary, smiles!
To kick off this week’s celebration, we will play with the theme of “7”, (hint, hint). Do you have that itch to write after a hiatus? Do you have an unscratched itch? Do you believe in the 7 year itch? Do you have an itchy feet and want to hitchhike across the country? I hope you are itching to play our Quadrille today.
The rules of Quadrille is simple: we pen poems of exactly 44 words (and not including the title), including one specific given word. Today, I would like you to bewitch us with the word itch. Use it as a noun or verb. Make it scratchy itch or funny sensation or even a sexy one if you really in that mood.
If you are new to Quadrille, here’s what to do:
- Post your poem of precisely 44 words with the word “itch”, to your blog
- Add a link (direct URL address) of your poem via the ‘Mr Linky’ below
- Add the link for the dVerse posting so others can find their way here
- Read and comment on other people’s work to let them know it’s being read
- Share via your favorite social media platforms
- The prompt is open for the whole week, so remember to come back and read (and write!) some more!
- Most importantly, have fun!
See you at the poetry trail ~ Grace