It’s Quadrille time! Mish here with our fave 44 word prompt.
As I sat staring at my rec-room walls the other day apparently waiting for the perfect quadrille word to pop, I thought….hmm……why not?
Why not “knot”?
These outdated walls are begging for some paint and I dread the day I wrestle with concealing each one of those knots.
The word has many possibilities.
- any of various fastenings formed by looping and tying a piece of rope, cord, etc, in upon itself, to another piece of rope, or to another object
- a prescribed method of tying a particular knot
- a tangle, as in hair or string
- a decorative bow or fastening, as of ribbon or braid
verb knots, knotting or knotted
Of course a knot can be ‘a unit of speed equal to one nautical mile per hour’.
You can play with knotless, slipknot, knotless, unknot, knotty, knottier, knotlike, knotholes. You can even interknot and reknot. Feeling the love knot? Aww, go ahead and tie the knot.
I dare you to use pseudoknot.
So be knot afraid. Incorporate the word “knot‘ or a form of the word into your poem. Remember that a quadrille can be any style, but must be exactly 44 words, and …yes knot including the title.
Untangle that poetic muse of yours and join in!
- Write a poem of exactly 44 words, not including the title. Include the word “knot” in some form.
- Post it on your blog or website.
- Add the direct URL and your name to Mr. Linky.
- Add a link to dVerse on your blog so others can find us and join in.
- Read and comment on the work of others.
- Pop into the pub to say hello. We are friendly folk.