Hi everyone! I am pleased to introduce you (again) to our guest pub tender, CC!
CC here hosting the Tuesday Poetics for D’Verse. I blog—usually, but not lately, over at https://consciouscacophony.wordpress.com/. In one week, I’m going to Peru to hike Machu Picchu so travel is at the forefront of my mind. I’ve been amazed by all the beautifully obscure travel words becoming mainstream these days. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler’s heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
2. Fernweh (n.): “distance-sickness”; the craving for travel
3. Coddiwomple (v.): to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination.
4. Wanderlust (n): a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.
For this prompt, think of a trip you’ve taken, or one you would love to take. Sit with these words and their definitions awhile. Let all these thoughts conjure up some restless or heartfelt emotions within you and then just write from the depth of that. Share your memories, or your hopes, of travel. Or pick one specific word/definition and let that be your prompt. However you choose to use this prompt, have fun with it!
If you are new here, this is how this works:
· Write a poem inspired by travel….past, present, future or the travel word definitions.
· Click on Mr. Linky below and enter your name and URL (web address to your poem)
· Visit others that have linked their poems. This is a community made richer by interaction and communication.
Thank you for your participation!